March 25, 2015

New gadgets

So when I got the van, it had a simple Sony headunit in, with Bluetooth.  However the sound quality never impressed me, and when using the phone it sounded awful.

My next order of business was to pop the old unit out, and find something better to fill the hole.  A few hours searching online, and I'd picked a winner.

The Kenwood DDX-4025BT.

Double DIN unit, with impressive spec, including DVD/CD/MP3/USB/iPod and bluetooth.  It also has a really clear screen on it, and a reversing camera input.

Moments later on eBay I found a basic reversing camera for around £10, including a 10m video lead.

The install was really painless, and took a matter of minutes, I spent another 3 hours taking the rear door apart to fit the camera and necessary wiring.



The bluetooh connectivity works really well, the reverse camera is fantastic, and the ability to play MP3's from a USB drive means no more discs rattling around the front.  I've got a 32gb drive tucked away in the glovebox.

For less than £235 for everything, and an afternoon in time, it's a fantastic upgrade and I wish I'd done it sooner.


No comments:

Post a Comment