April 9, 2015

Carpet Lining

So as spring is now in full effect, and the arrival of the easter bank holiday meant I could get on with the carpet lining of the van.

I've never done this before, so a few hours of studying video's on youtube, and a little thinking about how to tackle it.

So here is the before...



During -  and I'll add this now, an extra pair of hands is invaluable in getting it done in a large single piece of material.



And the finished article.





I used the Van lining carpet from MegaVanMats, and they also supplied the high temperature glue, and I replaced all the standard VW panel clips with blind clips.  The material is very forgiving, and works really well, Just take your time, there is no rush, as if the glue dries, then you can just apply a bit more.

It takes a little bit of time to get used to how it stretches, and how to work out any little creases etc, but from start to finish, this took me two afternoons, and I'm really pleased with how it's worked out.

If you're considering doing this yourself, then I would really recommend the MVM carpet, and giving it a go yourself, it makes a huge difference to the feel of the van, and the back end is now much quieter too.


No comments:

Post a Comment