January 1, 2015

The search is over

After another few weeks of searching eBay and classified sites I finally found a van I like,  however it didn't quite meet my ideal specification, but given how many I'd looked at and how many were LWB I knew I had to compromise on some things, most noticeable the tailgate. There seems to be a huge lack of reasonably priced LWB vans with a tailgate.

So the van I found is a 2006 T5, with the 130Bhp Engine, in white with barn doors, single slider door, and manual windows.  So nothing like what I had originally wanted.  On the plus side, its very clean, only a tiny amount of marks on the paintwork, loads of service history, and under 120k on the clock.

On the inside, the cab area was very tidy with no real signs of wear, no damage to the seats, and in the back, brand new ply lining.  Not that the ply lining would stay, but it showed the van was well cared for.

Again, this was not a local find, so we headed north to Carlisle to have a look.  I hoped this was the one, and not another ruined van made to look great on the internet.

Thankfully this time I had nothing to worry about, the test drive went great, the van flew, no rattles rumbles or disconcerting noises.

After a little negotiation on the price we shook hands and the journey home started.

I present the new van..


No comments:

Post a Comment