January 1, 2015

Glass goes in

Until now the van looks very much like a builders van still, nothing has had a huge impact on how the van looks externally.  Windows are essential for a camper conversion, so I started looking around for prices and availability

After several quotes, I had a chat with the guys at Lakeland Windscreens, who put an excellent Christmas offer together for me, with a sliding window on each side, and the rest in fixed windows.

With a day off work booked, I drove the van up to Kendal, and dropped it of with the guys there.  I had a wander into the town centre to kill some time whilst they worked their magic on the van.




It's a little worrying coming and finding your van like this, but I was offered a coffee, and sat down in reception while they finished the rest of the fitting.

Not long after I'd finished a quick Netflix catchup on the sofa in reception I was told the van was ready.  I was really impressed with the speed and efficiency of the team at Lakeland.  In and out within just a few hours, and for a lot less than I had been quoted elsewhere.

I'm really pleased with the finished article now.



No comments:

Post a Comment